The good place season 4 launched on Thursday commences with Eleanor looking adoringly at Chidi as he chatters about how incredible the Good Place is (take a gander at all the huge, thick way of thinking books!), at the same time not understanding who Eleanor is. Michael attempts to motivate her and the remainder of the Soul Squad with a blending get up and go talk — and yet, Shawn is giving a comparable liveliness converse with his Bad Place associates.
The last fresh introduction is a nightmare snap named Brent, who is each awful negligent white-fellow banality folded into one. (““I’m the furthest thing from racist. My dentist was a black woman!””) Eleanor concludes that Linda must be here to test Jason, because “Brent is definitely here to annoy the fork out of me.” They resolve to watch out for the four amateurs and attempt to make sense of what really matters to them — all except for Simone, who they think they have a truly decent handle on. That is, until she starts going nuts at the direction and attempting to shake some man’s head free. She knows “none of this is real,” she gladly declares, and hypothesizes that it’s everything only a visualization delivered by her perishing mind.
* Tahani explaining: “I lost that battle with Robert Downey Jr., and I’ll be damned if I lose it with you.”
* After Michael calls her ,Eleanor; “the pride of Phoenix”: “Technically, the pride of Phoenix is a life-size statue of Alice Cooper made from cigarette butts. It’s outside city hall.”
* Michael saying how boring Linda is: “She makes Neutral Janet look like Disco Janet. Disco Janet was around for a while years ago. She was great. I mean, she was a lot, but she was fun.”
* Michael trying to inspire the troops: “Dead eyes, eat hearts, can’t lose! Sorry, old Bad Place rallying cry.”
* Michael, on having seen doubters like Simone during his time in the Bad Place: “They’d usually come around by the third or fourth day of mouth fleas. Obviously not an option here.”
* Tahani saying her talk with Linda was the most boring conversation she’s ever had, “and this is coming from someone who once split a Xanax with Peter Sarsgaard.”
* Eleanor, after the Judge makes some lustful comments about Chidi: “All due respect, your honor: Keep it in your robe.”
* The Judge confessing that she just started watching Deadwood and “I need my daily dose of Timothy Olyphant.”