Melvin Gordon is coming back to Chargers on Thursday, he’s about to finish holdout – 247 City News

247 City News

World’s Most Authentic News Portal

Melvin Gordon is coming back to Chargers on Thursday, he’s about to finish holdout

1 min read

One anonymous confirmed that Melvin Gordon is soon coming back from his holdout and he will be joining the team by Thursday.

However that person asked his name to be kept in secret because of the sensitive nature of the situation.

Though NFL Network first confirmed that Gordon’s pending will lasts till Wednesday, and Gordon will not be able to play at Miami on Sunday but now we are hearing that he is about to return in the field in the Chargers’ following game, On 6th of October against Denver.

At last year, Melvin Gordon was two-times Pro Bowl winner in his rookie contract. Gordon had been holding out with the new deal in hopes of security. He was supposed to make about $5.605 million this year and last year, recording 885 rushing yards and 14 total touchdowns for Los Angeles.

This season, Charger team will not make any new negotiation with Gordon said by Tom Telesco who is Chargers team general manager.

Image result for Melvin Gordon“When or if Melvin reports, he’ll play this season under his current contract,” Telesco told reporters on Sept. 1.

Melvin Gordon will join Chargers team that is 1-2 Austin Ekeler, who has received the volume of Gordon’s carries in his absence, when he was not present, Austin Ekeler recorded 160 rushing yards on 38 carries.